Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Status of Lent

So this year for lent I gave up eating out (not going too well) and complaining about...the people (aka one person) in my life that drive me insane and I find myself complaining about him/her more than talking about worthwhile things (going better than the not eating out thing). This whole vow to give up complaining has really brought a lot of prayer time over the past couple weeks which is great...aka the point. But it's also forced me to confront the fact that my friendship with said person is essentially over. While I can confront that fact, I cannot confront the person for reasons I cannot say because they could possibly be construed as complaining. Basically...I'm a volcano of complaints about to explode in a mass of word vomit. And the worst part of all of this is that it doesn't matter one bit whether I explode or I just simmer because either way it will ruin my friendship and there is no option in between. So...I'll continue to pray and countdown the days till I can just BE AWAY from it. I realize this is a very passive aggressive post that insinuates a lot of complaints...but no one reads this anyways...so....it essentially doesn't matter.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Kenzie Leigh! I hope you're ok!!! I love you and I miss you! Please call if you need to talk!